If you're using a professional moving company to pack and transport your goods, prepare for movers and packers before moving day arrives.
• Gather up essential items to take with you during the move, such as toiletries and clothes, and set aside the items in a small closet or cabinet that will not be accessible to Brisbane pre-packers or movers.
• Remove breakable and liquid items from drawers and cabinets for packing separately.
• Separate flammable and combustible items from the rest of your household goods; either dispose of the items or pack separately to take with you.
• Locate all valuables, such as jewelry, collections and personal records, and pack separately to take with you.
• Defrost the refrigerator and freezer and dispose of perishable foods.
• Drain oils and fuels from power equipment such as lawn mowers.
• Take rugs and drapes to cleaners; when you pick them up later, leave them in wrappings for transport.
Related Post: Key Points to Remember When Choosing Packers and Movers