A J12 is a luxury brand of watch made by Chanel. These watches are highly sought after and can cost over $10,000. If you received one as a gift or managed to buy one for an unbelievably good deal, you may want to verify the authenticity of your J12. The high quality of some knock-offs may leave you in doubt, but a few simple steps can help you confirm the authenticity.
1. Look at the price. Luxury goods rarely go on sale and any J12 watch retailing for less than $5,000 is most likely fake.
2. Check the rivets on the J12's wristband. There should be a rivet only on the link near the clasp. Fake J12s will have rivets on every link of the wristband.
3. Examine the packaging. One of the easiest ways to tell if the watch is authentic is to look at the packaging. It should come in a box with Chanel's name written on it, and it will never come wrapped in plastic.
4. Compare your watch with pictures of authentic J12 watches online. Look for anything out of place. Even small differences likely indicate a knock-off.
5. Take your watch to a Chanel retailer or a luxury watches store that sells replica chanel j12 watches. The store owner should be able to tell you whether the watch is authentic.
Related Post: 7 reasons why you should own the Chanel J12