Making your own natural soap is easy. Craft supply stores abound in most cities and towns, and ingredients can be as basic or as exotic as local availability and your imagination will allow. This article will show you how to make a very simple and basic natural soap. Additional variations such as fragrance, color and texture are discussed briefly in the "Tips" section. Read on to learn how to make natural soap.
1. Lightly grease the inside of your soap molds with the petroleum jelly. Set the molds aside.
2. Grate your soap base until you have the equivalent of 1 1/4 cups. Place the grated soap base into a double boiler over medium heat with the distilled water.
3. Heat gently while occasionally stirring until the mixture looks like a fluffy pudding (up to 30 minutes). Do not permit the soap base to boil.
4. Spoon the melted soap quickly, but carefully into the prepared molds. Tap the edge of the molds to remove air bubbles. Permit the soap to sit in the molds until completely cool and set.
5. Gently remove the soaps from the molds and place on the wire rack to dry for at least 24 hours before using.
Related Post: How to make homemade scented natural soap